Howard Bushman P.A.
Howard M. Bushman is a partner at Harke Clasby & Bushman LLP whose practice includes multi-state consumer class action litigation, mass tort litigation, insurance litigation, employment matters, criminal defense, professional malpractice, and general and complex commercial litigation.
Mr. Bushman received an undergraduate degree in Hospitality Business from Michigan State University (B.A., 1997) and is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2000). While at the University of Miami, Mr. Bushman served as the Executive Editor of The University of Miami Business Law Review and authored the Article, ERISA Preemption: Fallacies and Liabilities. Additionally, Mr. Bushman was a member of the National Mock Trial Team. Mr. Bushman was also involved with Phi Delta Phi.
Prior to joining Harke & Clasby LLP in September of 2000, Mr. Bushman served as a Certified Legal Intern for the Dade County Public Defender's Office, and interned with the Honorable Marvin J. Garbis, United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Mr. Bushman is a member of the Florida Bar. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida.
Mr. Bushman recently received the Eleventh Judicial Circuit and Dade County Bar Associations' Put Something Back Pro Bono Service Award in April 2008.Mr. Bushman was selected as one of South Florida's Most Effective Litigators for 2008 by The Daily Business Review. In 2009, Mr. Bushman was named a Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability
- Business Torts
- Insurance Defense
- Class Actions
- General Civil Litigation
- Civil Appeals
- Defective Medical Devices and Drugs (Bausch and Lomb)
- Consumer Protection
- General Business Representation
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2000
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. cum laude - 2000
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi, Member
- Law Review: University of Miami Business Law Review, Executive Editor, 1999 - 2000
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: G.P.A. 3.4
- Major: Hospitality Business
- ERISA Preemption: Fallacies and Liabilities, The University of Miami Business Law Review
- New York Life Insurance Company
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
Honors and Awards
- Eleventh Judicial Circuit and Dade County Bar Associations' "Put Something Back" Pro Bono Service Award in April 2008
- South Florida's Most Effective Litigator 2008 by the Daily Business Review
- Rising Star Super Lawyers Magazine 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association Member, Federal Court Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- American Association for Justice ("AAJ")
- Zeta Beta Tau
- Phi Delta Phi